Virat Kohli- the man with millions of fans and followers. Are you one of them? If yes, then this article is for you to know more about your favorite player. In this Virat Kohli Biography, we have covered detailed information about Virat Kohli’s height in feet, age, weight, family, achievements, and success.
What’s the synonym for “Consistency”? Well, in cricket it’s Virat Kohli. Undoubtedly, he is the most consistent cricketer in the world. That’s why, he is also called as Mr.Consistent, Run Machine and King Kohli. His class and technique is what people likes the most.
“To become a good player, you need talent. To become a great player, you need an attitude like Virat Kohli“.-Sunil Gavaskar
Virat is always a busy player on the field. His energy, attitude, and aggression on the field are what make him a great player. It’s a great pleasure to watch him bat. He got a wide range of shots. His cover drive is eye-pleasing and worth to watch a hundred times.
Apart from the field, he is featuring in many advertisements. People love his looks, lifestyle, and dressing sense. He endorses many brands like Puma, Audi, Wrogn, Manyavar, etc.
So, let’s dive into this beautiful and inspiring biography of Virat Kohli.
1. Virat Kohli Personal Details
|Full Name||Virat Kohli|
|Nicknames||Chikoo, Run Machine, King Kohli|
Chase Master, Mr.Consistent
|Date of Birth||5 Nov, 1988|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|Father||Late Mr. Prem Kohli|
|Brother||Vikas Kohli (Elder)|
|Sister||Bhavna Kohli (Elder)|
|School||Vishal Bharti Public School,Delhi (upto 8th)|
Saviour Convent Senior Secondary School,Delhi
|Hobbies||Dancing, Singing, Cooking, Travelling|
2. Virat Kohli Fitness
Virat is always more conscious of his health and fitness. He uses to do workout regularly and also posts his workout videos to inspire others to stay fit.
Let’s see Virat Kohli height in feet, weight, chest size and other physical details.
3. Virat Kohli Physical Stats
|Height in feet||5’9″ (in feet)|
|Height in cm||176 cm|
|Weight in kg||69 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||152 pounds|
|Body Measurements||42-32-14 Inches|
|Chest size||42 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Foot size||10 inches|
|Eye color||Dark Brown|
4. Virat Kohli Career Profile
Since his debut in 2008, runs are consistently flowing through his bat. Match by match, he is breaking the records and giving extraordinary performances. His form is so consistent that people expect a century from him in every match.
” Virat’s Success Does Not Surprise You. His Failures Do .”– Sanjay Manjarekar
|International ODi Debut||18 August 2008 against Sri Lanka at Dambulla|
|International T20 Debut||12 June 2010 against Zimbabwe at Harare|
|International Test Debut||20 June 2011 against West Indies at Kingston|
|Role||Batsman and Captain|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right arm Medium|
|ODI Cap Number||175|
|Test Cap Number||269|
|T20 Cap Number||31|
|Childhood Coach||Mr. Rajkumar Sharma|
|ICC Tournaments Played||U-19 World Cup 2008 (as a captain)|
World Cup 2011
Champions Trophy 2013
T20 World Cup 2014
World Cup 2015
T20 WC 2016
Champions Trophy 2017
World Cup 2019 (as a captain)
5. Virat Kohli Records
The speed with which Virat has scored runs and centuries is incredible. Today, it seems Virat is the only player who can break Sachin Tendulkar’s record of 100 centuries because Virat has already 70 centuries on his name. Besides that, his century conversion rate is also high.
Here is the list of some major records and milestones of Virat Kohli…
- Fastest Century by an Indian cricketer in ODIs (52 balls vs Australia)
- Fastest Indian to reach 1000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000, and 10,000 runs in ODIs.
- Most ODI runs by an Indian cricketer in the calendar year 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018.
- Fastest batsman to score 17,000 runs in international cricket (363 innings).
- Most centuries (23) by a batsman in ODIs while chasing.
- Fastest in the world to reach 15,000 international runs.
- The second fastest in the world to reach 1,000 runs in T20Is.
- The world’s fastest player to hit 30 and 35 centuries in ODIs.
- Most consecutive test series win as a captain (9).
- First batsman to score three double centuries for two years in a row.
6.Virat Kohli Awards and Achievements
|Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award||2018|
|Polly Umrigar Award (5)||For seasons|
|ICC ODI Player of the year||2012, 2017, 2018|
|Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy||2017, 2018|
|Wisden Leading Cricketer of the Year||2016, 2017|
|Barmy Army International Player of the Year||2017, 2018|
|CEAT International Cricketer of the year||2011-12, 2013-14|
|ICC Test Player of the Year||2018|
7. Virat Kohli Net Worth, Salary, Income and Wealth
- Virat Kohli has been ranked 100th in the Forbes 2019 list of the world’s highest-paid athletes.
- Sources of income – Annual Salary from BCCi, Brand Endorsements, Advertisements, and Startups
- .Brand Endorsement Fee per day(2 crores) more than MS Dhoni (1.5 crores).
- Investments – Insurance startup named ‘Digit’, Own chain of Gym series named ‘Chisel Gym’. Also invested in startups like Sports Convo, Wrogn, etc.
|Net Worth in 2020||Rs.900 crore|
|Last year income||Rs.252.72 crores|
|Annual Salary from BCCi||Rs.7 crore|
|Brand Endorsements||More than Rs.17 crore|
|IPL Retainer Fee||Rs.17 crore|
|Luxury Cars (6)||Rs.9 crore|
|Investments||Upto 15 crores|
|Income tax per year||Rs. 28 crore|
8. Virat Kohli Wife
Virat married actress Anushka Sharma whom he was dating for a long time. They got married in a beautiful place Tuscany in Italy. Also, Anushka has shared a short and beautiful video of their wedding on Instagram.
9. Virat Kohli Affairs and Rumors
|Girlfriends / Affairs||Sakshi Agarwal (Indian film Actress)|
Sarah-Jane Dias (Indian Actress)
Izabelle Leite (Brazilian model)
Tamannah Bhatia (Indian Actress, Rumor)
Anushka Sharma (Actress)